If you’re a real estate professional or Airbnb host, then you know that good photos are essential to attracting customers and getting top dollar for your listing. But what you might not know is just how big of a difference professional photos can make.
Our numbers show that listings with professional pictures make 81% MORE REVENUE than listings that do not have professional photos. What a difference! And it’s not just about the money. Professional photos also help your listing stand out from the competition, which means you’re more likely to get booked.
So if you’re not using professional photos, you’re missing out on a lot of potential revenue and bookings. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of professional photography and how to find a photographer who can take great photos of your listing.
The Benefits of Professional Photography
There are several benefits to using professional photography for your vacation rental listings. Here are just a few:
- Better quality photos. This one is obvious. A professional photographer will be able to take much better quality photos than you could ever hope to take yourself. And as we’ve already established, better quality photos means more money in your pocket.
- More attractive listings. Professional photos make your listing look more attractive to potential guests or buyers. In a sea of mediocre listings, yours will stand out if it has great photos. And as we all know, first impressions are everything!
- Increased bookings/sales. Because your listing is more attractive with professional photos, you’re more likely to get booked or have your property sell faster. Who doesn’t want that?
- Higher rates . When people see that your listing has great professional photos, they’ll be willing to pay slightly higher rates because they know they’re getting a quality product.
How to Find a Photographer
Now that you know the benefits of using professional photography, you might be wondering how to find a photographer who can take great photos of your listing. Here are a few tips:
- Ask around . If you know anyone in the short term rental or hospitality industry, they might be able to recommend a good photographer.
- Check online directories . There are several online directories ( like Thumbtack or Craigslist) where you can find photographers in your area.
- Do a Google search . A simple Google search for “real estate photographers in [your city]” should turn up several options for you to choose from.
- Ask for samples . Once you’ve found a few photographers you’re interested in working with , be sure to ask for samples of their work before making your final decision.
If you’re not using professional photography for your vacation rental listings, then you’re missing out on a lot of potential revenue and bookings. Professional photos make your listing look more attractive and can even help increase rates. So if you want to get the most out of your listing, be sure to hire a professional photographer who can take great photos of your property.